Sunday, February 15, 2015

lonely lubbock lights

Valentines' Day 2015 was pretty good. Not because I spent it with a significant other; I lack the good fortune of deserving someone to fulfill such a role. Instead I spent my day loving the best sport on earth: baseball.

Texas Tech won, at home in Lubbock, against San Francisco. The final score was 13-5 and featured a 7-spot by the home team in the bottom of the first inning. It was a pretty wild half, no puns intended. 

You see, the lefty pitcher for San Francisco struggled with his release point. I also didn't see very good mechanics, but I'm not too experience with evaluating talent. The first two runs came on bases-loaded walks. Those runners that scored? Well, they both reached on free passes as well. 

It was funny because one of the frat guys in front of us said that technically this guy is working on a no-hitter. The next pitch was a grounder pulled in the hole between third base and shortstop. A 2-run single. 

I was really impressed with the Raiders' starting pitcher, Dylan Dusek. Michael Davis made a couple spectacular plays at third base. Great arm and a pretty nice glove. 

Today helped me realize that I really should start paying attention to college baseball. I am excited to return to the grind of school at the University of Texas in San Antonio and enjoying watching their baseball team. Hopefully visiting other Texas schools will become a reality. I would love to enjoy a game at Rice, the University of Texas, and Texas State soon. 

So I guess I had a pretty good day. 

P.S.: The title refers to a song by Aaron Watson. Check it out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment